Hi. I haven’t been updating much lately, mainly due to a) working really hard b) the continuing saga of Health Problems. I have some, Verena has some, and the cat has some too. It’s the kitty that’s really worrying us at the moment, since it’s barely been a month since her surgery and she has too much struvite in her urine again. We’re taking her to the vet about forty minutes from now, and I doubt I’ll be able to focus enough to write my long and interesting update before then.
Here are some interesting links, though. In utterly random order:
- The Problem is the Greek Government, Not Golden Dawn. Why do fascists feel free to murder their opponents in the streets of Greece?
- Answers to A Few Things I’m Tired of Hearing. Top 12 irritating questions socialists get.
- Why I don’t use the term “Classism”. I was going to write this to explain why I’ve stopped using the term, but Steven Brust got there first.
- Birds are dinosaurs, you know.
- Bohemian Gravity! You’ve probably already seen this, but it’s pretty brilliant.
- The Indie RPG Bundle. A new Bundle in a Box! Doesn’t come in an actual box (the horror!) but supports a fine charity and the Indie Dev Grant.
- Indie Statik on Kickstarter. Indie Statik is a very good site about indie games and deserves your support.
- Sunless Sea on Kickstarter. From the creators of Fallen London, this is one game I’m genuinely excited about.
- Memory Ain’t What it Never Was & Personal Stories are Problematic. Elizabeth Stoker’s blog is full of excellent and thought-provoking material, and this post is particularly relevant to recent discussions about identity, personal narratives, and the Left.
Edited to add what I just tweeted. Cat news: some medication needed, but not another operation. Phew. Let’s hope we can get her pH balanced.
Yay! Sort of.